Superheated Low Flashpoint Vapor Dryer
Uses low flashpoint solvents for precision removal of water and particulates.
Crest Ultrasonics solvent vapor dryers are specifically designed for use with flammable solvents such as isopropyl alcohol (IPA). Typical applications include the
removal of water from disk drive media, flat panel displays, semiconductor wafers, and photomask substrates.
The precision cleaning benefits that you will enjoy with this system include:
- Superheated vapor drying — Parts dry faster while reducing solvent consumption
- Zero recovery time — Vapor zone does not collapse, allowing shorter cycle times and greater throughput
- Temperature controlled collection tray — Minimizes reflashing of water/IPA back into vapor
- Low solvent usage — Minimizes dragout
- Working mode dual, horizontal sliding covers — Reduces vapor loss by minimizing disturbance of the air-vapor interface
- True Superheat™ — During the final drying process, a vapor zone heated 20ºF–50ºF above the solvent’s boiling point evaporates any remaining liquid on the parts, leaving no liquid solvent, which minimizes dragout and vapor emmissions
Two standard tank sizes
Standard sizes range from 11.75″L x 30″W x 11″H to 11.75″L x 32″W x 11″H.
|Model 30||Model 32|
|Overall System (LxWxH)||30.5″ x 56″ x 42″||30.5″ x 56″ x 42″|
|Process Chamber (LxWxH)||11.75″ x 30″ x 11″||11.75″ x 32″ x 11″|
|Maximum Lift Height||74″||74″|
|Maximum Load (LxWxH)||10″ x 27″ x 10″||10″ x 29″ x 10″|
|Total Liquid Volume||10 gal.||12 gal.|
|Distillation||16 gal./hour||16 gal.hour|
|Heater Size||18 kW||18 kW|
|Cooling Water (Continuous flow, 40–45º F)||5 tons/12 gpm||5 tons/12 gpm|
|Electrical, Main (460 VAC, 3-phase, 60 Hz)||30 amps||30 amps|
|Electrical, Fire Panel (115 VAC, 1-phase, 60 Hz)||5 amps||5 amps|
The electrical control cabinet (approximately 49″W x 72″W x 16″D) is skid mounted with the main system and is located outside the Class 1, Division 2 area (3 feet
from the main system). Custom-sized dryers can be provided to meet application-specific requirements.
- Stand-alone or wet bench installation — Can be operated as a standalone vapor dryer or can be integrated into a cleaning line as a final drying station
- Remote control cabinet — Contains PLC, hot water heating, and CO2 fire suppression systems, designed to be located outside the Class 1, Division 1 area
- Indirect heating — Water-glycol heating ensures that the system cannot reach the solvent auto-ignition temperature, even under fault conditions
- Automated lift system — Cantilever-style vertical lift with a 50 lb. load capacity is standard, ensuring process standardization and minimizing dragout of solvent
- Extensive safety systems — Meet all National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) safety standards and have an integral CO2 fire suppression system
- 100% freeboard ratio — Minimizes vapor loss from the containment tank
- Secondary containment tray — Can hold more than 100% of tank liquid volume, including plumbing
- Integral fill & drain system — Individual, dedicated pumps fill and drain the system, providing a safe method of solvent transfer while eliminating the possibility of solvent contamination
- Removable access panels — Allow all-sides easy access to electrical and mechanical components and facilitate maintenance
- Cleanroom assembly — Conducted in cleanroom environment to minimize introduction of contaminants into the system
- Stainless steel construction — All components that contact solvent (incl. tanks, solvent plumbing, and heating and cooling coils) are made of electropolished 316 or 316L stainless steel. All structural components (incl. framing, covers, and countertops in the vapor dryer) are constructed of 300-series stainless steel.
- Teflon® seals — Ensuring optimal chemical compatibility