Low Emission Flexible Solvent Cleaner
Handles either flammable or non-flammable solvents, and meets strict requirements for solvent emissions.
Solvent cleaning is your best choice for most precision cleaning applications, and the SA Series from Crest Ultrasonics offers two distinct advantages over other
ultrasonic cleaning systems:
- Solvent flexibility — Our system can be configured for either flammable or non-flammable solvents. It can be used with the new engineered solvents and it is designed for safe use of low flashpoint solvents such as isopropyl alcohol, acetone, and cyclohexane.
- Solvent efficiency — Achieved through our patent-pending Sealed Load LockTM loading chamber, PLC-controlled process automaton, superheated vapor drying that eliminates drag out, on-board water chilled condenser, subcooled freezer coils, and airtight design.
- Low emissions — Properly equipped, our system is capable of meeting SCAQMD’s stringent permitting requirements for solvent emissions. This means less waste of expensive solvents and minimum operator exposure.
Typical applications for the SA Series include removal of contamination from:
- Disk drives — Slider debonding, spacers, disk media, and hardware
- Medical equipment — Electronics, pacemakers, implants, prosthesis, etc.
- Optical equipment — Precision laser optics, fiber optics, precision instrument optics, and other lenses and optics
- Precision metal — Sputtering targets, molds, gyroscopes, bellows, etc.
- Electronics — Cleaning and refluxing of complex electromechanical components, flip chips, fuel injectors, etc.
- Chemical processing — High purity valves and fittings, instrumentation, sensors, etc.
Four standard basket sizes
Standard sizes range from 8″L x 10″W x 8″H to 22″L x 16″W x 16″H.
|Model 1/101210||Model 1/181212||Model 1/241818||Model 2/101210||Model 2/181212||Model 2/241818|
|48″ x 50″ x 84″||48″ x 60″ x 88″||60″ x 84″ x 120″||48″ x 56″ x 84″||48″ x 78″ x 88″||60″ x 96″ x 120″|
|21 gal.||35 gal.||75 gal.||30 gal.||50 gal.||105 gal.|
|10″ x 12″ x 10″||18″ x 12″ x 12″||24″ x 18″ x 18″||10″ x 12″ x 10″||18″ x 12″ x 12″||24″ x 18″ x 18″|
|8″ x 10″ x 8″||16″ x 10″ x 10″||22″ x 16″ x 16″||8″ x 10″ x 8″||16″ x 10″ x 10″||22″ x 16″ x 16″|
- Sealed loading chamber — A PLC-controlled Load LockTM access chamber allows for part insertion and removal without vapor emission or operator exposure.
- High reflux rate — System distillation rate operates at one tank volume per hour. This achieves a greater concentration of contaminants in the boil sump and reduces solvent disposal requirements.
- True Superheat™ drying — Achieves temperatures of 50ºF above solvent boiling point for shorter drying time. Superheat also reduces dragout and vapor emissions.
- Vapor boost — In addition to superheated vapor drying, the SA Series provides additional heat during work load insertion to prevent vapor zone collapse. This vapor boost capacity is programmable, allowing for flexible workload masses.
- Indirect heating — Ensures that the system cannot reach excessive solvent degrading temperatures, even under fault conditions. Competitive systems using direct heating cannot achieve superheat in the vapor zone.
- Sealed upper enclosure — A fully sealed top enclosure minimizes vapor zone disturbance and subsequent solvent losses due to downdrafts.
- Automated parts handling — The vertical lift has a 75-pound load capacity and variable speed operation. The lift controls the rate of part travel through the vapor zone to ensure adequate drying and minimal solvent drag out. Automatic operation ensures ease of use and no operator exposure.
- Stainless steel construction — All components that contact solvent (including tanks, solvent plumbing, heating coils, and cooling coils) are made of 316 stainless steel. All structural components (including framing, covers, and countertops) are constructed of 300-series stainless steel.
- Spill containment tray — Capable of holding more than 100% of tank liquid volume, including plumbing. Although a plumbing failure is unlikely, costly clean-up and recovery can result from not having a spill containment tray.
- Extended freeboard
- Sub-zero freeboard cooling
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Touch-screen operator interface
- Removable access panels
- Meets all NFPA standards (applicable when using flammable solvents)
Applicable when using flammable solvents
- Intrinsically safe devices used in high vapor concentration areas of machine
- Monitored nitrogen purge of submersible transducers
- Warning device at 15% of lower flammable limit (LFL)
- Additional warning, automatic shutdown, critical isolation, and accelerated tank cool-down of equipment at 25% of LFL
- Fire detection by thermal sensors that activate on high temperature or high rate of change in temperature
- Fire suppression by means of integral CO2 system